Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

In the Garden

Sunflowers and Honeybees

Ahh, summer. In some ways it feels as if last summer was years ago, and in other ways it feels like yesterday. I love this season...not as much for the heat as the wonderful things that happen in summertime. One of these things includes growing a garden. This year Mother and I decided to try using some raised beds in our gardens. My sweet Daddy built them for us. ♥ They have proved very nice in the weeding department, but perhaps a little too nice in the drainage department. ;) When we don't get enough rain (which has been the case for most of this year so far) we have to keep the garden heavily watered with hoses, and the last thing we need is soil that drains the water before the plants have time to get any. 
Anywho...I thought I'd post some pictures of the herbs in Mom's garden, and some of the sunflowers in mine. :)


Thyme
Thyme.

Basil
Sunny Basil.

Oregano
Oregano with it's tiny white blossoms.

Dill in the Garden
Dill and it's seed head. Perfect for making pickles with! :)

Sunflowers
Sunflowers against my garden fence.


What do you love about summer?


With much love,






P.S. Did you know I started a photography blog? It's Livvy Taylor Photography. I've just given it a much needed makeover, and plan to post on it right away. The next post should be about our recent trip to the blueberry patch. :)

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Livvy! I love the sunflowers.

    Also, I'm now following your photography blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful summer update, Livvy!

    I *love* the first picture of the sunflower and bee in mid air--that was so neat to be able to capture it! *smiles*

    Your photography blog is so lovely...I always enjoy looking at your photos. ;)

    Much <3 in Christ,
    Moriah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of the sunflowers! Thank you so much for sharing them! I planted some sunflowers also, but they are only a few inches tall at the moment.

    I also started following your photography blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs, dear friend! You are such a talented young lady!

    Many Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Such beautiful photography! And I love your blog, too =)

    Thank you for being a follower on mine!!!!!!

    In Christ,
    Taralyn~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love garden posts! Pretty pictures.

    Love,
    Mrs. Stricklen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pictures Livvy! I love Basil and Thyme!:)Sarah has some planted in her herb garden.

    Love,
    Markie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do I love about summer? The warmer days. We live in WI and I do not like the cold... :O :)
    Both your blogs are quite enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just had to say your photos are wonderful . I love gardes, sunflowers and herbs! I will read your blog often and hope you will follow mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat blog! I especially love the picture of the sunflowers! Right now we are anxiously awaiting tomatoes, but they just won't turn red. Oh, well...
    Keep up the great work! God Bless,
    Gabrielle
    www.projectpaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. please visit-

    happyflowerdesigns.blogspot.com

    and

    littledovehapppyflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Olivia!
    Your photos are just gorgeous :)
    I just stopped by because you are a follower of my old blog - justagirl4god.blogspot.com - and I wanted to let you know that I am now blogging at heldbyhishand.blogspot.com - would love it you would stop by and check it out! I'd love to have you visiting...
    Your blog is so beautiful... :) I think I might check out a few more posts...
    xx
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete