Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Planting

Recently we purchased some little plants consisting of broccoli, collard greens, cabbage and lettuce to plant in our garden. Cold-weather planting is a new thing for us, so it was an interesting experience to be gardening in long sleeves, to say the least.
Broccoli
Little broccoli plants. (Now happily planted!)

Ivey and Mom
Ivey and Mom busy planting. (And yes, I helped. I didn't just stand around taking pictures the whole time, that would have been ridiculous of me. *ahem*)

Ivey
Ivey

Tom Cloud
Tom Cloud. There were some of us who wanted to call him Cloud, while others wanted Tom, so eventually they merged. He's a wonderful gardening companion.

Pills
Pills wishing she could join us in the garden and shove her (somewhat squished) nose around in the fresh dirt.
Just a tip, if you are considering planting ground cherries in your garden and they supposedly do well in your area, think again. They will produce prolifically and consume your entire garden then come back to haunt you year after year. ^Proof^ 

Sillies
Rochelle aka Fidget the Redbone, and Pills the Boxer. They say birds of a feather flock together, well then maybe dogs "flop" together. These girls are absolutely crazy.

Adalia in Her Stroller
Adalia loves to be outside in her stroller.

Lettuce in the Sunshine
Little lettuces in the sunshine.


"For everything there is a season..."
Ecclesiastes 3:1


15 comments:

  1. love the bokeh, and the kitty makes me swoon it's so cute!! :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post...beautiful pictures too! It makes me feel like I'm right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Breezy's blog. Thank you for inspiring me with your photos and lovely, lovely music playlist. I feel like I've been on a mini-retreat. God's grace is abundant.

    grace and peace,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so very beautiful and inspiring! Thank you so much for taking time to post, Livy.

    Please visit my blog at

    http://hopefulforhomemaking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Breezy's blog, and have really appreciated your sweetness in life, and the way you have embraced your femininity. I have been so blessed. Thank-you!
    Smiles, Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful pictures! Those dogs are cute - I love boxers :)

    K~la
    Chazak! (Be Strong)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and really enjoyed reading about your family. I'm so encouraged by your godly stand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You took absolutely lovely photos!♥
    I awarded you over at my blog.
    ~Lizzy~

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing photos! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photography is beautiful. As well as your playlists. I liked your old one and am thoroughly enjoying exploring your new one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pics and feminity... such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos!!! Your blog is very inspiring and encouraging:)

    Blessings,
    Kianna Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pictures! Come over and see my giveaway for Feminine by Design by Scott Brown!

    ReplyDelete